Cindy Whitehead x Dusters California Skateboard Collab

CindyPinkGN4LW-337 copyBoardComb copy 2CindyPr0Model_025 copy 2CindyPr0Model_060 copy 2CindyPinkGN4LW-218 copy 3

I’m so stoked that I can finally tell you all about what I have been working on for the past 9 months! My new bitchin’ skateboard collaboration “Girl is NOT a 4 Letter Word” with Dusters California is finally being released on Saturday at the Vans Warped Tour and in skateboard shops across the USA !! Insane right?

Let me give you the rad details on this baby. It has a total “Badass x Girl” vibe to it which I love – it’s so totally me. The whole fashion x skate thing I always talk about on my blog really came together in this board – shiny gold trucks, and a hot pink heart mixed with skulls and edgy lettering really sets it apart and gives it that vibe I wanted but could never find. It’s also easy to ride as it’s technically a “cruiser” board, but to be honest with you, it’s almost the same shape I rode for many years in pools and 1/2 pipes back in the day – totally old school – which I love. The skull on the grip tape and the words “Girl is NOT a 4 Letter Word” and a small skull in each of the wheels are details I am really proud of. The tail of the board has my own personal motto and my signature in gold as well as the logos of two non- profits I firmly believe in.

I did all the artwork myself and Dusters creative director, Nano Nobrega was the dude responsible for making it all look so damn bitchin’. He really allowed me to go with my full “wish list” on every detail in this board that I asked for, and he had amazing suggestions and ideas to make it all come together the way it did – plus his design skills are insane. We spent many, many hours together working out every last detail over sushi and gourmet pizza. Yep, it was rough, but that’s the way we get shit done.

Another detail I am super proud of is that this board supports Longboarding for Peace, an organization that I am extremely excited to be involved with & that is doing so many great things to help bring peace via longboarding all over the world. Last but not least, a portion of the sales from this board will go to the non-profit GRO (Girls Riders Organization) which helps girls get started in action sports. How rad is that? I firmly believe in giving back to the sport that has done so very much for me for all these years and feel really happy to be able to do so.

I’m so happy I got to finally share all of this with you guys & I thank you so much for your love and support over the years – I am truly grateful.

xx Cindy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Agenda 2014

Agenda

Wish You Were Here...